Thursday, 20 November 2025

More Work on my Inquiry Project

Today I figured out that what I thought were issues in my LaTeX annotated bibliography are in fact features. So that's good!

One of the authors I came across in my literature review is Oksana Bartosh, one of my current curriculum professors. I'm hopeful that she will be able to meet with me and provide some insight into educational research and her findings on outdoor education, specifically learning gardens.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there will be time to actually bring the class outside, but that would be ideal. Since I'm going first in the day, Patrick and Annabelle suggested that the class meet outside and I do my activity first. I'm still worried it won't be quick enough since I only have 15 minutes. I'll keep thinking about it. If not, I will find a way to bring the outdoors in! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Will! Definitely talk with Oksana, and see if you can also meet with at least a couple of others involved in this kind of work -- whether teachers, parents or kids. The VSB has an outdoor adventure-based program out of John Oliver Secondary called Take a Hike ; Fresh Roots Organics runs a youth program called Soyl ; Maple Ridge school district has a K-7 outdoor school, ci:tməxw . You might be able to have an in-person or phone/ email conversation with people involved in these or similar programs..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And great idea to start outdoors for your presentation if that works! Also an excellent idea to bring the outdoors inside in case the time is too tight otherwise. There is a garden (or the remains of a much larger former learning garden) behind Scarfe, on the west side, that might be a nearby location...

    ReplyDelete